Below are the system requirements for SIMUL8 Professional and Basic 2015. If you need any more information email support@SIMUL8.com, we’re happy to help.
Minimum System Requirements
SIMUL8 2015 plus any plug-ins have the following hardware system requirements:
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 or higher
- 486/66 MHz Processor
- 256MB of available RAM greater than the minimum for your operating system.
- 140MB of available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM drive for installation of boxed edition
SIMUL8 2015 is compatible with VBA in Excel, Access, Word and Visio. SIMUL8 Professional 2015 can read Visio files. To read Visio *.VDX files (the Professional in Visio 2002 and above) Visio is not required. To read Visio *.VSD files (versions before 2002) Visio 5.0 or above must be installed.
SIMUL8 Corporation certifies that SIMUL8 2015 and all SIMUL8 Plug-in software Release 2015 are compatible with:
- Windows 95 (OSRa and above)
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT4 (service pack 3 and later)
- Windows 2000 Professional and Server
- Windows XP and XP 64
- Windows Vista and Vista 64
- Windows 7 and Windows 7 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
Please note that versions earlier than SIMUL8 2012 are not compatible with Windows 7
We frequently get asked if you can run SIMUL8 on an Apple Mac instead of a PC and the answer is yes – in fact many of our employees, including our Founder work on Macs every day.
How do I run SIMUL8 on my Mac?
This software costs around $50 and lets you run Mac OS X and Windows side by side. You can switch between them as easily as you’d switch between Mac applications.